Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Miss Krismson & Kreme/ Miss Krimson & Kreme Sweetheart Pageant



It has been such a long time since I thought about my very first steps toward pageantry. What was going through my mind? What was I expecting? It is always refreshing to go back and rekindle your orignial inspiration. The same reasons that I started are the ones that I hold nearest to my heart: friendship, personal growth, and service. For the first time, I will be on the other side. Not as a contestant or a coach, but as a Director who is responsible for providing a full experience.  Its's a challenge that I am looking forward to take head on.

Last night, I had the opportunity to revist what its like to start fresh. As Director of Middle TN State University's new Miss Krimson and Kreme/Miss Krimson and Kreme Sweetheart Pageant offered by Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. Eta Gamma Chapter, my job will be to inspire.  Fourteen wonderful ladies will be vying for the two crowns in early April. I feel so blessed to be able bring options to our campus. Currently, we only have talent pageants. If you don't sing, dance, or play, then you are simply out of luck. No other pageant on campus offers both a talent and beauty crown. We are very proud to be the first. The Eta Gamma Chapter already had enjoyed 38 successful years of their much awaited annual Fashion Show.  I am hoping for no less from the Pageant, or the contestants for that much.

In our introductory meeting, everyone was given the chance to introuduce themselves and tell why they wanted to be in the pageant.  There was an overwhelming respone to find friendship, to network, and contribute to our university and community at large. I saw young women that wanted to step outside of their comfort zone and take on new external challenges that will help them concour interal struggles.  That inspires me. That is what we are looking for in our crowns. I will be asking this of myself as well; to strech, to step out, and surprize. I know we can do that. Each young lady that is competing in this year is very good. I tell you no lies when I say each is polished and worthy of the title in her own right. However, I am asking for greatness. I know there is someone very special who will answer the call.

1 comment: